Thursday, January 10, 2008

You Aint Seen Nothin' Yet!

I cannot believe the sentence that I am about to write. I honestly am excited about writing it down because it is something I have not been able to say in years…YEARS! But, here goes. I just finished a book in 4 hours! YUP! ME!

I was looking for a shoe in the hurry of the morning madness and opened up a box to find a book that beloved Ma had given me. God, I hope she gave it to me, because if it was a loaner, it is way overdue! Anyway, I threw it to the bed thinking I might give it a thumb through. By the way, I never found the shoe! I am headed to Payless today to replace. I love shoes. It is not as unhealthy as you think. Anyway, back to the story.

Last night, after falling at work and hurting my knee and noticing that I was started to feel congested again and my head hurt all I wanted to do when I came home was sleep, but like that was going to happen! My husband did have pizza waiting for us, thank God. I got the kids clothes and stuff ready for the morning rush and decided to lay down. I looked at the bed and remembered the book. AHH…a book. I was so tired I was sure I would fall asleep 2 pages in, but I would give it my best shot.

I began reading “Mary, Mary” by James Patterson. I like crime stories, especially Patterson’s. I had seen the one’s that had been made into movies “Along Came A Spider” and “Kiss the Girls” and they were great. After 2 Chapters, which are only about 2 pages long kids, I could not stop. It was like having a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. I could not help myself. The main character, once again is Special Agent Alex Cross (Morgan Freeman in the movies mentioned) and he is back to the same old stuff….blood is everywhere and he needs to figure out who is doing it. SPOILER ALERT – He figures it out!

However, when I realized that I had finished the book, looked at the clock and it was 10 minutes to 1:00 am…I realized that what my co-worker Bobby tells me everyday just might be true…I ROCK! Yeah, baby…WOO HOO! I did it. Uh huh….I did it. You didn’t, but I did. Oh yeah! (clearing my throat)

So, yes, I finished a book in one sitting and it felt great. I felt like I could do anything. I was invincible. I wanted to send out a text message to everyone I know telling them that they could achieve all their dreams if they only believe!!!!!

Of course, then at 5:30 this morning, I realized that I should’ve slept!!!!

Mirth & Merriment.

1 comment:

Miss T said...

How true, how true. My mother will actually stay up reading a book and take turns closing one eye at a time to "rest" while she finished a book. I think anyone who loves to read has to admit it is very rarely less than a passion!

ps - I got the book! Can't wait to get started on it - just have to finish the one I'm reading now. Your's is on its way!