Friday, January 4, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

With yesterday being my Anniversary, which was not celebrated the way I would have liked, but I will keep my fingers crossed for the future, happy times are on my mind. Today is no exception. Today is my husband’s birthday. Yes. We got hitched the day before the anniversary of him coming into the world. At least, he won’t ever forget it, right? Or will he???? Anyway, Happy Day to you, darling dearest heart o’ mine. May this be one of a hundred more birthdays for you. SMOOCH!

I also have parties on my mind as the 2 littlest members of my house are about to hit the big # 3! I know. Take it all in. I’ll wait. If you know me, you know that each year this is a huge deal for me. First we pick a theme and then we RUN WITH IT! Since way back in the day, Rotten Correspondent can vouch for me, I have LOVED doing kids parties.

For the all-important 1st birthday it was a Circus Theme. There were individual bags of cotton candy, popcorn and caramel apples to boot! We had hot dogs wrapped in foil and lots of junk food. There were ball toss games and the cupcakes that I made were all different rainbow colors with ribbons hanging off of them to give the impression that they were balloons. It was a long few weeks leading up to that day and an even LONGER day, but it was awesome!

Last year, we held a Mardi Gras Celebration! That, too was a wonderful adventure. There was green, purple and green EVERYWHERE that something would stick. Everyone got beads, even if they didn’t flash any naked, fleshy parts. We even decorated their beloved Radio Flyer red wagon like a parade float for our Mardi Gras Princesses.

So, this year…with a tighter budget than ever I have opted out of a theme. Ok. Ok. Calm down. The invitations that are being done (by me, of course!) are a little towards the Princess side. There is going to be pink and purple everywhere and crowns on the 2 guests of honor. Go figure. I am still trying to get all the ideas in my head down in some sort of order, which may not happen until their 11th birthday comes ‘round.

That is what I have been working on for the past week. Yes, of course it is time consuming and I will probably have to buy some Nice n Easy twice before the party next month, but it is worth it. They love it and so do I.

Mirth & Merriment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

great name for a blog. there is something about the name 'Abyss'that stirs the emotions. We have a bookstore by that name. (Http://www.thebookabyss.com.au. Anyway... just wanted to wish you a happy aniversary... i do hope you experience your perfect day next aniversary...

cheers

Wayne