Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How Do You Know When It's Love?

There is probably nothing I hate more than Moving. I added it up and it seems that since my son was born, we have moved 7 times. Good Lord! I am done. Of course, for now.

Saturday came and the forecast called for cold, windy showers. Great. Just what I wanted to hear. Well, my husband had worked until 4:30 in the morning, so I decided to move what I could while giving him some time to sleep and maybe he could be helpful the more sleep he had. The boxes were damn heavy! HEAVY! I moved box after box, forgetting of course, to eat.

When Anthony started to help, things got heavier. The refrigerator was heavy. The TV was heavy. The mattresses were a bitch! Am I complaining too much? I think not. But, low and behold…we moved everything…just the 2 of us! It was a great sense of accomplishment, not only to have moved everything, but to finally have moved…period! My parents are relieved that they have a house back that does not have screaming kids in it. My poor parents.

It was only after picking up the girls from Anthony’s grandmother that I realized that we hadn’t eaten all day. Matthew was tired, dirty and hungry. I was tired, filthy, dirty and sore and so was Anthony. The girls however were clean and fed and rested. We pulled in to McDonald’s and ordered up as many cheeseburgers as we had dollars and they were devoured before we reached home. I fed my children at 9:00 pm or so. We didn’t get the kids to bed until midnight and I stayed up until after that to at least unpack just one room.

On Sunday, there was no rest. We were up with the sun unpacking more boxes. How did we accumulate so much crap? Never mind, just unpack it!!!! We put up the Christmas decorations that we could find. The girls and Matt did the tree, which is lovely. I will have to post a picture tomorrow. Definitely can tell that kids put all the ornaments on.

On Monday morning, I woke up sore and ridiculously late to get the kids to school and me to work. As I rolled off the bed, my back screamed at me to lay back down, which I did. I called in to work basically saying that there was no way in Hell that I was going to be in. I got everyone ready for school got them to school came home from school and crashed. It was great. I got some sleep and I got the rest of things unpacked. Yes, everything is out of boxes that need to be and the rest are stacked up and waiting for a garage on site to open up and be filled up.

Yes, I am done with moving. Now comes the hassle of Christmas shopping, none of which has been done and there isn’t much money to do it with. The main thing I wanted for Christmas was my family and we are finally together. My daughters and son are together and my heart has never felt better.

With the drama of moving, comes the arguments between the adults that are doing the moving. But, none. Anthony and I have never gotten along better. I think we needed the stress off our shoulders of being a family apart. We both feel that has been lifted and we can finally try and save our marriage.


Mirth & Merriment!

No comments: