Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Working for the Weekend

I truly believe that besides our children and family, it is the people we meet along the path that we have chosen that make all the difference in the lives that we live. I have met those who have left scars and those who I continue to wish the very best for. I have laughed with many, cried with few and I am proud to call all of them my friends.

One of those ladies I met about 6 years ago. We met over a phone call and she hired me on the spot. I was shocked. She simply asked me how I would answer the phone if I were working for her and when I did she answered “Come in on Monday”. It was a job that I needed and a place that I would quickly call home. She is just about my age, but I will compliment her and tell you that she is younger than I am. She is a very hard worker. She is courageous and strong. She is funny and smart. She is a mother and a wife and that makes her work even harder when she isn’t “on the clock”. She is beautiful and captivating. She was once my boss and now is a co-worker and soon, she will just be my friend…I will have to deal with that. This office will not be the same without her. She brightens up the room. She has a way of making everyone work harder than they want to and enjoy every minute of it. She is always interested in how you are doing both personally and professionally and what she can do to help in either situation. She is a great woman… PHENOMENAL, even! She has taught everyone who has been under her wing that we can all accomplish whatever we set our minds to. She had us believing in ourselves when we were doubting it...what a gift that is!

She has decided to leave us, abandon us, if you will for bigger and better things. More power to her. Although we will all miss her more than any Hallmark greeting can say, we will go on, because that is what she taught us to do. So, Marcy….good bye, my friend. I wish you nothing less than a wonderful life. I wish you health and happiness for you and your family. May all of your dreams come true.

And to you…Mirth & Merriment…..

XO

No comments: