Thursday, November 15, 2007

Barracuda

To say that today has been a bad day is truly the understatement of the year. It started this morning before I even left the house and the stress has worn me so thin that I have cried twice and have had little to smile about.

However, tomorrow is another day, Miss Scarlet! Speaking of which, the other day I forced the 2 men in my life to watch old movies that I just adore! Matthew just happened to come into the room about 30 minutes before the end of Gone With The Wind and I basically held his eyelids open so that he had to watch it. After all, it is a Classic. And there they were, all the characters in their amazingly talented glory and when she says her famous last line....Matthew just rolled his eyes and called me something like "goofy" or "crazy" or "psycho" or he said "that sucked". I can't remember right now, as my brain is fried and I can't focus on anything important.

Earlier that day, my beloved husband, God help him, had to sit through one of my very favorite Hitchock films Rebecca. Now, if you know this one, raise your hand? Nobody? Ok. Well, it stars Sir Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine and the title character, well...she's dead...but she is that spirit that haunts the new Mrs. It is suspenseful and best of all, black and white. I love it. Him....not so much. He said it was too drawn out or complicated or something. WHAT to the EVER!

So, this being Thursday, give me your all time 3 Favorite old movies. "OLD" is defined as something that must be, at least 15 years old. I know...but I have some youngies who read this blog.

#1- Bringing Up Baby. I love Cary Grant, God help me. He is just adorable as a geek and Kate Hepburn is even more precious as a flighty woman who falls in love with him. The 2 together make me laugh out loud. Absolutely lovely.

#2- Psycho. Obviously if you know me, you know that I LOVE SCARY MOVIES. This one is the best! When I first saw it on Channel 5, it was cut up and not as scary as it should be, but I still can't shower without thinking of the shot of the drain blurring into her lifeless eye. OOH...spooky!

#3- Bells Are Ringing. A MUSICAL!!!! Starring the hilarious and definitely not a size 4 Judy Holliday and Dean Martin. Now that is how you spell adorable. This is great with Judy starring as an operator at an answering service who falls for the incredibly handsome Dean Martin, but she must hide her identity.

Go rent them all! Honorable Mention...well.....Citizen Kane, Rear Window, Poseidon, Lady Sings the Blues, Meet Me In St. Louis, The Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, The Philadelphia Story, Topper, Auntie Mame...should I stop?

Now, it's your turn. Tell me what you like to watch that nobody else gets....

Mirth & Merriment....and popcorn!

No comments: