Thursday, November 8, 2007

From This Moment

Today is Thursday, duh, and it is time for Your Daily Dose of something. I want each and every one of you reading this to answer this. I have noticed lately that I haven't gotten one single comment in the past week. Let me know if this is all too much for you to handle, k?

So, today I have decided to list my top 3 favorite lines from a song. I am a lover of music of any kind, yes, including country and more than that I am great listener of music. I like to hear what goes along with the melodies...that is what matters to me. So, here goes. I would like also to apologize, in advance, if you are disturbed or shocked by the lyrics that I choose...but, Hell it's my Blog!

#1- Precious Things by Tori Amos. Now, Tori Amos has a special place in my heart because I have never heard a songwriter express herself so deeply and without concern for others feelings. I love it. My favorite line, of all the breathtaking one's she has put on paper is:


"I wanna smash the faces of those beautiful boys
Those Christian boys
So you can made me cum
That doesn't make you Jesus"


Enough said, right?

#2 - One Week by The Barenaked Ladies. I love BNL! I wish they were around more. Their songs are fun to listen to and I have never, not never ever never, gotten unhappy when listening to one of their cd's. Favorite line goes a little something like this:



"It's been one week since you looked at me
Threw your arms in the air and said "You're crazy"
Five days since you tackled me
I've still got the rug burns on both my knees"

#3- Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan. Sarah is by far my all time favorite artist. She is graceful and powerful and has the ability to lift me when I am down, even though the song might seem like a zoloft-starter. Her music brings back memories that can be good and bad, but it doesn't matter...she lifts me and that is it!

If all of the strength
And all of the courage
Could come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this
Full of grace

Honorable Mention: Glycerine by Bush, Not the Doctor by Alanis Morrissette and Because of You by Kelly Clarkson.
Go ahead....tell me!
Mirth & Merriment...and MUSIC!

No comments: