Tuesday, November 6, 2007

No More Words...

Things have been actually extremely boring lately, so I don’t have a whole lot to talk about, so in the interest of something my amazingly intelligent stepdaughter said today I would like to speak about something that will always be an issue for people as long as we speak to each other.

Sometimes words hurt more than a slap to the face. I honestly think that I would rather be thrown across the room or have someone hit me with a metal chair than to have someone say one hateful word. I think as a woman, or maybe men feel it too, it lingers with you, this word vomit that comes at you like Speed Racer down the track. Perhaps those who speak the words think that you will not remember it or that a romantic dinner or jewelry can make you forget…but it does not work that way. And trust me…I love jewelry! I would just once like to have a recorder on me when a sentence comes out of someone’s mouth that is meant to hurt you and play that back when they think you have forgotten. That would be sweet!

Or how about those who say hurtful, stupid things even though they have no idea that they have said them. For instance, there is a co-worker today that was walking behind me who said “Oh, are you losing weight? Or, no…it must be the fit of the clothes!” HUH? WTF? Who says that? There are certain cultures that speak their mind. I am guilty of speaking before my mind has clearly thought of what is about to come out. For that, I apologize to everyone who I ever insulted or hurt with my words.

There is never an excuse to hurt someone. I have been hit by a man and I have been verbally assaulted and each of them have left their mark. Most of the time the things that are said are funny to hear but they still are in the back of my mind when he is kissing my neck. Will that go away? Probably no. In the movie “Matilda” there is a lie that says “sometimes a small lie to make someone feel better isn’t necessarily a bad thing”. Do you agree? I do. Sometimes if you are trying not to hurt someone, do what you can to save their feelings, especially if you have been hurt by words before.

So before you say it….yes, you! Think before you speak!!!! I’m done.

Mirth & Merriment….

No comments: