Monday, November 26, 2007

Come Together....

While talking with my sister Kim over the weekend, she and I both came to a few realizations that I knew but just didn’t want to admit. I love literature. I love to read. I love to curl up with a good book and finish it in one sitting. In fact, when I first fell in love with my husband, we were reading “Hannibal” to each other in bed. It was wonderful. However, times have changed. Along with stretchmarks and fundraisers, I gained less “me” time and I have to admit that I have not finished a book in almost 4 years. I also never have the door closed when I pee, but that is another story. WOW! I hate myself right about now.

Well, I am starting a resolution in this the first full week of my 37th year. I vow to read a book every month and let you know about it. It won’t be easy, but I will do it. If I have to lock myself in a closet with a flashlight and some Fiddle Faddle, I will do it.

To help me with this promise, I was at Barnes & Noble on Saturday and purchased 2 books. I will start reading “Why Men Marry Bitches” tonight and hopefully, fingers crossed everyone, I will blog about it on December 26, 2007. I am always interested in finding ways to better myself, along with the occasional belly laugh. Careful, I am still recuperating.

I would love for you all to join me. No, I am not starting Oprah’s Book Club, rather I would like to know what you are reading, besides the People Magazine in the bathroom. Let me know what you would like me to read. I will definitely take suggestions.

So, wish me luck. Did I mention that I will be getting my new glasses this weekend, too? So not only will I be reading, but I will actually be able to see the print.

Mirth & Merriment…..turn the page!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll get the book too and we can start our own "book club" via phone calls and email.

the rotten correspondent said...

Good for you! Um...why that book, just out of curiosity??