Friday, November 23, 2007

The Bitch Is Back

I am going to sit at my desk today, trying to accomplish the task of filing since the phone has not wrung since I got in at 7:30 a.m.

Thanks for asking. Surgery went well and was successful in knocking me to my knees on several occasions for several different reasons.

First of all, I know now that I am not good with demerol. It doesn't like me and personally, I don't care. Ya know...with friends like that who needs enemies...right! I threw up from the minute I took my first sip of water in recovery to approximately 10 pm that night. Not fun. I would rather be dripping with cat urine and feces than to be nauseous and vomiting. I hate it! HATE IT! However, the next morning, Cream of Wheat went in and stayed in. Yea! Soup stated in. Yea! This wonderful beef tip, mushrooms, gravy and mashed potatoes that Mom made stayed in. Yea...I'm back. I am not in any pain, except for the occasional sitting too long cramps.

Secondly, while washing dishes on Thanksgiving, I did something that I do at least 3-10 times every single day and I think nothing of it. PESHAW! A simple sneeze, brought me to tears. I was literally dropping silverware in the kitchen while toddlers danced around me. It was like a twisted Twin Peaks episode and yes, there was pie! I had forgotten that there was an incision made in my lower regions that I should be holding together for instances like coughs and sneezes. What have I become?

So, other than that I am well. Thanksgiving was a wonderful day full of food and family, but not exactly what it should have been. My mother, knowing full well that I didn't want to have to leave the house, made me and my family a Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins. We had the turkey and HAM, sweet potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberries, jello-salad...everything and it was great! She is awesome! Then she left. That's right, she left. The dinner she made was for my husband and our kids. The little one's decorated the house with Native American and Pilgrims and Matthew made our name cards. It was fantastic. It was better than that.

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am truly thankful. I am thankful that I am not living on the street with my children and that we are all healthy. I am thankful for all of you who are constantly sending me your best wishes. You are all appreciated.

Mirth & Merriment...and some Christmas shopping, perhaps?

No comments: