Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Angel of the Morning

I have always liked the word “Bitch” in any context. I prefer Son-of-a-Bitch, but just Bitch will do. I gave my friend Teresa a birthday card this month that said “Only the good die you…We bitches live forever!” So it is apropos that I am now reading “Why Men Marry Bitches”. The author, Sherry Argov, using her own estrogen-fueled dictionary lays it all out there on page 2 of the Introduction. She defines bitch this way:

“A strong woman who has her own identity and is secure with who she is. She is plenty happy giving him “Space” because she enjoys having hers. She is clear about what she will or will not accept. She’ll back away at the slightest whiff of disrespect, and this makes her more exciting to a man, not less.”

Yeah, that sounds about right. So all of you of the female persuasion who are reading this, raise your hand if that describes you. Yea, I thought so. I’m a bitch, too.

I was asked by my sister why I chose this book when there are rows and rows of fiction that I could sink my teeth into. Well, Julie…I am an attention grabber. Shocker, huh? I like the undeniable shock factor in things and when I saw the title of the book, I read the introduction and walked to the register. It is just that simple. With my current marital status hanging on by the metal of our wedding bands, I thought it might be an interesting read. The subtitle of the book is “A Woman’s Guide To Winning Her Man’s Heart”. Although if I haven’t won his heart after 8 years together, wtf! It battles topics like how men manipulate relationships and why they deliberately push our emotional button. Need I say more about why I am reading it? I didn’t think so.

So, I am past the Introduction and will let you know about Chapter 1 tomorrow. Until then, Rise Up, Bitches!

Mirth & Merriment.

No comments: