Thursday, October 25, 2007

Monster Mash

Well, it is Thursday so it is time for your Daily Dose. Today, since I am last-minute costume shopping this weekend, I would like to reminisce. Give me your top 3 Halloween Costumes that you have worn...either as an adult or a kid. I know some of you out there wore those horrible masks...spill it!


Numero Uno - Imagine being my Mom for just a moment. You are managing a house with 3 kids and job and a husband who is working and going to school. Late one night you hear your youngest daughter come up and look up at you with big, blue eyes and she says “what am I going as for Halloween?” She looked at me like I was asking her this in July…but it was October 30th. OMG! WTF! How could she forget Halloween? So, she scrambled her already-fried up brain and told me to grab my red turtleneck and overalls. When I returned with my wrinkled up clothes that had been wadded up and shoved somewhere, I just knew she was going to yell that they were dirty…instead, she took my clothes and shoved them into our fireplace. She got them good and dirty. I wore those to school, along with some smudges on my face and I actually carried the broom from our fireplace and went as a CHIMNEY SWEEP! It was awesome.

And here’s number two…not literally! Any of you readers who know my mom know that she is creative beyond any Martha Stewart. She can take a brown paper bag and make it into the most extravagant lantern. This year’s Halloween was no exception. Any of you guys remember “Clash of the Titans”? Well, I loved that movie. So that year, I went as ANDROMEDA. Yes, I know. It was the 80’s…give me a break! My mom sewed her fingers off making me a gown and flowing robe. I wore what I like to call my “JESUS” shoes, as tattered as they are and a lovely crystal necklace my mom had saved from the 70’s in my hair. I was lovely, to say the least. Nobody knew who I was, but who cares. I loved it!

Last, but not least…cut to just a few years back. Here at work, my very best bud Claudia and I would always ask my mom to make us something to wear. Saves us the embarrassment of having to “try on” and audition the tight fitting crap that they sell. Somebody needs to tell the Costume shops that a Plus size costume is not a 12-14! Anyway, we decided to live out a childhood dream and we were the PINK LADIES. What a job mom did. We had black full poodle skirts, with pink poodles and petticoats underneath. We bought shirts and I wore cat-eye glasses and a ponytail. We looked fantastic…eat your heart out Sandy!

Honorable Mention would go to Go-Go dancer and Kelly Osborne. You would have to see the pictures!!!


Mirth & Merriment....trick or treat?

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

I remember Kelly Osbourne. You should post that picture. Not sure which was funnier - you as Kelly or Anthony as Ozzie.

laurie said...

your comment on RC's blog made me laugh out loud. not usually a bad thing, but i was eating chicken noodle soup at the time.

i like mark green much better than the clooney charactr, too!