Monday, August 27, 2007

Sometimes You're The Windshield...Sometimes You're The Bug!

The day started off on a bad note. Matthew decided that he wanted to come to work with me today and since he can help out, I said yes. Well, he woke up in a good mood...but that's not the bad part. There, next to our car, was a dead baby opossum. Matthew claimed that he thought he was just "playing dead" when actually he was playing dead opossum. I don't like seeing dead animals in the road, but so be it. Circle of Life and all that shit, ya know?
Then, we get to work and the car that we left parked here over the weekend for reasons that I don't want to explain, has a flat tire. The same car that had a flat tire about a month and half ago. Is it sabotage? I am thinking, maybe! I mean, come on we all have people who would want to slash our tires, right? HE HE HE...!
But, let's talk about happier things...having my babies this weekend was wonderful! Of course, as soon as they became under my supervision they both threw up in the backseat of the car with the smell of sour milk and vomit permeating in our 90-something degree car! FUN! Well, after that was cleaned up, although the smell somehow lingers on, Beana decided to start gagging and choking and not closing her mouth. What a site! To see my beautiful girl with drool running down the sides of her mouth. Well, I finally took her to Urgent Care (because that is the kind of Mom I am) and because you don't mess around with Beana when it comes to health issues. Her throat was read and the inside of her cheeks were swollen. Well, surprise, surprise she has tonsillitis. They even mentioned that with all of her previous problems (gagging all the time, vomiting at the drop of a hat and that cough...did I mention the surgery?) that she might do better if she had her tonsils out. Imagine! Her being almost 3 and already having had one hospital visit. Oh well....better days are ahead for you, my Queen Bean!!!
Piglet is using the potty all the time. She is quite the Potty Champion! I am so very proud of her! She is the cutest little thing sitting her teeny tiny tush on the big potty. And don't get me started on how cute she looks in her big girl panties. Beana is still working on it. She has her good and bad days, mostly bad...but she'll get there. Beana is the one you can't rush...can't force her to do anything she doesn't want to. Never could. Watch out boys!
My oldest Nephew is being baptized this week, too. I am glad that he has found a place to fit in. As a teenager, it so important to belong somewhere. To have others your age who share the same likes and dislikes and beliefs. I am not concerned with his choice in Religion, because he is 18 and I don't think anyone could force him to do anything that he didn't want to do. Growing up Catholic, both my brother and sister are no longer Practicing Catholics (yes, you do have to practice at it...God is watching!) and I find myself longing to find a place where I belong, too. I would like to go to a Church where I don't feel lectured at by someone who has not lived my life...who hasn't walked in my shoes. So, Kyle! Congrats! Even at 36, I have not found a place where I "fit" yet...but I am hoping it will happen. Open your heart and mind and the rest will follow. I love you, Kyle.
I also have a sonogram scheduled to find out what is going on with my boobs! I will explain more on my post later this week.
How's it going with you? Let me know.
Mirth & Merriment....

No comments: