Monday, July 16, 2007

Head Games

Having graduated from Cosmetology School sometime in 1990...I can honestly say that I have perfected the art of screwing up someones hair. I have bleached myself to piss-yellow with no natural color in sight. I have colored my dear sister's hair and caused a crazy electrocuted mess.

With that said...I have a little story for you....Last night, my niece is who is visiting and I decided to put some highlights in her hair. Now, before you say anything else, my sister was completely aware of the procedure to be done. There...I said it. We went to the store and picked out a kit to do it and I felt very confident that we could do a great job. It was about 7 last night and I said "Get in here...let's do this thing!". I combed it in, following all written instructions, the English side, not the Spanish. While I was applying the silly idea came into my head that I think my son would look good with highlights. Right. So, after I was done streaking this blue-bleach on to my niece's hair, I took a couple swipes of Matthew's hair. OK. His hair is a medium brown, so I wasn't expecting much. Another side thought was that we were going to buzz his hair off this week anyway, so anything I screwed up wouldn't look too bad since he would be bald soon anyway.

30 minutes later, I rinsed, washed and conditioned Melissa's hair. I also rinsed, washed and conditioned Matt's hair. OMG! Melissa's hair looked great. Blonde streaks in her dirty blonde mess. Matthew, my first born, love o my life, looked like a freak! Now, let me rephrase it. He looked like a punk rock, crack addicted, rock star living on the street who found something in a bottle without a label behind a dumpster and just washed his hair with it. Not as good as I imagined it would be. Thank God we are cutting it all off soon....maybe tonight!

I guess I'm glad I didn't try any on me...even tho I was tempted.

Tomorrow is my son and daughter's first visit to the Beach. I hate the beach. I hate the sand. As a child, I didn't care that my vajajay was entombed in sand or that it was crowded. As an adult, the thought is freaking me out, especially with 2 little girls who hate to have a diaper change. I hate the crowds. I hate that people are constantly running around, kicking sand everywhere. Even more reason to hate is the 3 young people that I have carried in my womb who do not have any idea how to swim. I picture them running towards the deep blue sea and never seeing them again. I am having such fear over this one outing that I am sure I might OD on my anti-anxiety pills. I will let you know how it goes, but pray for me, will you? I don't care what God you say those prayers to...JUST DO IT!

Mirth & Merriment to you...
I was recently asked why I sign off with M&M. Well, I will tell you. When I was a Senior in HS, my favorite teacher and mentor, Mrs J, signed my yearbook. Back story: She had also taught my older bro and sis and I was the end of the line. She wrote to me that I had always provided her with "Mirth & Merriment". I think it is quite possibly the nicest thing ever written about me. So there you have it.

1 comment:

the rotten correspondent said...

blog awards at my site, check in...