Friday, July 13, 2007

Brown Eyed Girl

Hello, all! Since today is Friday the 13th, I thought that I would discuss 13...the age! I am very happy that my 13 year old niece has arrived for a few week visit to California. She was born in South Carolina and resided here for several years before her parents moved to Georgia. That hurt a lot when they moved taking 3 of my niece and nephews with them. Several hours of therapy and medication bottles later, I realize that they did what was best for them, disregarding my personal feelings, but then my older sister isn't supposed to take me into consideration on anything that she does. Go figure!
Seeing Mel sure takes me back to 13. Not an easy thing or solicited, mind you. 13 was awkward for me, as if anyone actually sailed through it. I was blessed, however. I never had bad skin. That was the one great thing about me as a teen. Because I always was in a chlorinated pool, my skin was never given the chance to be oily, but I do have dry skin. Things could have been worse. I could have been a pro active ad waiting to happen! That stuff does work, by the way. My stepdaughter is proof! My hair was alright, a lot straighter than it is now...damn those drugs! I was flat chested and had freckles. Do I sound like a complete dork or what?

Melissa is a beautiful girl, although she is way too skinny. However, that is not her fault. I was scrawny, her mom was scrawny, she comes by it honestly. Thank goodness, one day she will fill out and become a va-va-voom type...I have no doubts. She has been a real source of hysterical laughter for my son and amazement for me. I am so proud that she is my niece. She has her own sense of style, which could use a little Auntie-touch. We are going school shopping this weekend! I am also going to give her some blond highlights in her dirty blond hair...that should be cool. Her mom has told me that I am not allowed to put pink, red, blue or purple in her hair! What does she take me for? I didn't go to Cosmetology school for nothing! Notice that my sister didn't say green..hehehehehe!

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I plan to relax and enjoy my family! I hope that you all can do the same.
Good Luck moving, Jackie. I wish I could help but with my kids, my back AND my hernia....I would be a disaster! Love you!!!!

Mirth & Merriment To You & Yours!!!!

No comments: