Friday, June 22, 2007

Let's Go Crazy

(As if we aren't there yet?)

As I sit here watching construction out my window, I am hit by the idea of building something from the ground up. Like the Superior Super Warehouse that they are constructing, my relationship and marriage started out probably just a little southwest of normal.

Anthony & I met as neighbors as apartments we will call MELROSE PLACE. He had a lesbian roommate and I had ... well, just me and my books. It was my first apartment. I loved it. I actually went to the movies, the theater was less than a mile away, by myself. The Blair Witch Project will always hold good memories for me. We started to hang out....karaoke...and drink. And drink, and drink... We hung out until 3 am and then I was the only one in the place with a coffee pot. I would hear the clunk of coffee cups banging on the door for those of us who actually attempted to do the 9-5. I knew right away that Anthony and I would have some type of relationship...and more than that, that we would be great friends.

Here is the time line...about 9 months later, our son Matthew was born. On Thanksgiving Day, 2002 Anthony proposed at my Aunt's house. On January 3, 2004 we were married at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. On February 16, 2005, we welcomed our twin girls.

WHEW! It seems like in the last 7 years, we have been through more than just a simple rinse cycle. We have buried 3 loved one's. We have separated. We attended 3 weddings. We saw a bunch of new babies come into our families. We have dealt with addictions. We have seen depression and medicated it.

And here we are. 7 years later and still struggling everyday to make sure that we can keep this work of construction up to code. Ants, you are my Rock when I need you the most. You love me, in spite of my faults and treasure me as if I were a "trophy wife". I am not perfect, in fact I am surprised I can even spell the word Perfect. But you don't care. Yes, we fight, but in the end, we will always have each other. Come what may, and trust me there is a lot coming right now, you will always be my very best friend. I love you.

Mirth & Merriment.

1 comment:

the rotten correspondent said...

What a great picture of the two of you. You're going to be fine...just hang on. No one said any of this would be easy - UNFORTUNATELY.
xoxo