Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Boys of Summer


Well, just 1 boy in particular. My future Rock Star is out of his mind with boredom. He has apparently mastered all of his video games, watched tv until his eyes bugged out and squirted his sisters plenty with his water gun...and he is just 2 weeks into his Summer Vacation. Pace yourself, Little Man. My Gosh...you have months to go before Second Grade. Take it easy!

When Ants & I decided that we would try for another baby, I explained it to Matthew. I explained it all! I told him about body parts, using the correct anatomical words and how babies are made. His response, at 5 was....YOU DO THAT? My eyes widened and I said, "Well, only once so far...." His hope, from that moment, was to get a baby brother. Someone to pick on, to share his Spider Man and Batman action figures with. By the way, to date...he has over 50 of each of those masked figures. OY!


Then we found out that I was pregnant. What a joy! My son was so excited that there was now a little person inside me, growing and possibly....with a penis! His elation topped ours, although we were so thrilled to be added one member to our crew. Two weeks later, with me just 6 weeks pregnant, we discovered that we were, indeed adding to the bunch, by two! That was thrilling and scary. Matthew did not quite understand it, but I helped him through it. The idea that we had created not one, but two babies....both of which might have scrotum's, was an excitement he could hardly put into words.


We discovered at 5 months, that one baby, for sure was a girl! Everyone now....ahhhh! Matthew was still hopefully that a brother was still in the distance. Then, about 2 months later, our little piglet revealed herself and Matthew was somewhat devastated. Two little sisters and an older one. WOW! It was now just him, and occasionally Dad, against the 4 girls in the house.


Well, he is a great big brother. He does pick on them and punches them when he thinks we aren't looking, but I am still chalking it up to the idea that he wanted a brother and somehow by playing rough with them, he can pretend that they are.


So...I know that he is bored and done with the whole "watch your sisters" crap that he gets everyday. I am trying desperately to stop doing that. He is not responsible for them, but if he is going to be outside with them and watching them dance on top of a wet table, close to the edge, he has to notice that it could cause injury, right? RIGHT? RIGHT!


Matt, I know you are bored. I know you are ready to have some "boy" time alone with Dad. I am going to do my very best to make sure you can have some fun and not have to bring me diapers all the time. I love you, Jake!

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

Ummm, he could...VISIT THE COUSINS!!! I've got plenty of scrotums to spare.

the rotten correspondent said...

why is this not registering my comment???