Thursday, June 21, 2007

She's Got Legs.....

YOUR DAILY DOSE today is for all the fine ladies out there reading this blog. Even as a young girl of 10, I knew that I was sort of an "Ugly Duckling". My ears stick out too far, my smile makes me look like an actual duck and I was scrawny and flat chested. My, My, My...how times have changed. Now that I am the Mommy to 3 girls, one of whom has already stepped her way into her teens, I realize how important image is, but more than that, how important self-esteem is. While I was doing my hair this morning, I actually had something positive go through my head...my hair really isn't so bad. I have a good cut, the color is good (the greys aren't peeking through the color, just yet!) and it's shiny and feels good. So, here it is for today: I want you all to tell me the TOP 3 THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF. Sense of humor, although is something we all need in this world, does not count. Neither does a good personality. Go to the bathroom and look in the full-length mirror. Tell me what you see that "aint so bad" or "I've seen worse".

Number 1 - My eyes. At the moment I am wearing a turquoise shirt, so my eyes are more blue than green...but, I like them. If only I had been more "popular" in high school, I might have won prettiest eyes over Diana Nolan....but, go figure. She was a Cheerleader.

Number 2 - My Boobs! Yes, my back and shoulders hurt and I complain constantly that I need to get these babies reduced, but let's stop for a minute. I sure do fill out a shirt nicely. That is, as long as it doesn't have buttons....I don't want to put someones eye out with a chaotic flying button!

Number 3 - My Hips! I am writing this one because it is my husband's favorite part of me, with the exception of #2 on my list. I have really round, full hips...perfect for child bearing! Good thing! I have no butt to speak of, but what I lack in the "ass" department, I make up for with my hips.

Honorable Mention - my toes (when they are freshly painted), my shoulders - freckles and my lips!

So, there you have it. Give it to me...I'm a big girl.....I can handle it.


Mirth & Merriment.....

1 comment:

the rotten correspondent said...

Okay, my sense of humor and my personality. What do you mean those don't count?? Damn! That could be problematic...
#1. My legs. I've always liked my legs. Not crazy about the little spider veins I'm getting.
#2. My arms. Years of lugging around fat babies have made my arms still kind of toned.
#3. Crap. Can't think of a third. Uh...got it! My hair has been behaving itself for the most part and my color is really pretty with the highlights. Why didn't I buy a flatiron thirty years ago? My whole life would have been different.