Wednesday, May 23, 2007

They Say It's Your Birthday...

Boy, have I been busy lately! To use that whole "busier than a one legged man in an ass-kicking contest" would be too completely redneck, but that pretty much describes it. But now that I have cleaned the piled up debris of unknown origin off of my desk and find my calendar, I must sit and write to let you know what is going through my head. As if you want to know!

My sister-in-law, the amazing woman that she is, loves LISTS. She loves to make lists, even if they aren't exactly followed to a T. I do not like lists. I like the idea of lists...allowing your inner self to feel in control somehow in a world full of chaos. But, lists just aren't me. I do however love to find things that have been written by others that put me into a certain state of mind. Dorothy Parker takes me back to my single, heart broken days. Thomas Harris reminds me of the night I met my husband. Anne Murrow reminds me of my beautiful Mom. See where I am going? But there are times where there are no other words but my own to put on to paper, with the hope that one day I might provoke a memory or two into the minds of you reading. The following was not written by me, although I have written something similar...but, it is too good to simply be printed and posted on my, already cluttered bulletin board.

"I Believe That Maturity Has More To Do With What Types Of Experiences You Have Had And What You Have Learned From Them And Less To Do With How Many Candles Are On Your Birthday Cake!"

Tomorrow will mark a milestone. Happy 40th Birthday to my pal, Claudia. Wow! I am happy to be able to have you in my life each day and to know that you are always there for me when I need you. There have been hard times and there will surely be more even though we pray each night that there won't. There will be more Birthdays. Yikes!

You are light when the room is dark.
You are smiles when I feel things aren't going my way.
You are laughs when I feel like crying.
You are Wicked when it is called for.
You are talented more than you realize.
You are a magnificent woman!
You are strong when I am weak. You are my greatest friend.
You are Loved!
Mirth & Merriment....And Many, Many More!

No comments: