Monday, May 21, 2007

Rainy Days & Monday's Always Get Me Down!

So, the June Gloom in So Cal has started and it is only May! What's up with that? I straightened my hair this morning and took 25 minutes to do it and it now looks like a tangled mess. Lovely. My beautiful office with a view looks like an overcast, rainy mess. I hate this in-between crap. either rain or don't. Don't just tease us with sprinkles. That is pathetic! Please don't get me wrong, I love the rain. I love the way the ground looks when it is wet. I love the smell of the wet grass.

I love splashing in puddles with my kids. I miss those days, when I was the tomboy being yelled at to get in the house because my pants were completely soaked. I miss being yelled at? You bet! I have allowed my son to splash around in puddles only because everybody needs to do that at some point in their lives. I like to let them run around in the rain. I like to give them candy before they have finished their meals. I like being a push-over, basically! It is cliche to say that I want my children to have everything that I didn't, but that is ridiculous. I want them to love life. I want them to enjoy every second of their day until their eyes finally shut for the night. I like that I have too many grey hair for someone my age. I like that I stress out about my son not wearing the clothes that I have picked out for him. I also like that he has an incredibly cool sense of style.

Basically, I enjoy motherhood. To all of you Mom's who know how this feels....a pat on the back. To all of you who have yet to become Mom's...good luck to you.. Do NOT come to me for any type of advice.

Mirth & Merriment...

No comments: