Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I Honestly Love You!

If you read through my Easter blog you know that there is a new addition to our family. My fantastic cousin and his wife were blessed with a daughter. It is their first child and it took a lot for that little one to get here. With that said, it is with pleasure that I announce that they have honored me by asking me to be Eva's Godmother. What a wonderful surprise! I have 2 Godson's whom I love completely and to add to that feeling gives my heart such elation.

Just when you think things aren't exactly going your way, someone does something so spectacular (say that fast!) that you cannot help but feel overjoyed. So here goes....I am good at writing letters and here is my latest one.

My Dear Eva,

Welcome to the world, our little Angel. What a journey it took to see that pretty face and I think Mommy & Daddy will agree that it is worth it. You have only been here for a short while, but you have made everyone around you glow a little bit brighter.

I want to tell you a little about your Daddy. He is super, isn't he? I have known him my whole life and in that 36 1/2 years, he has amazed me with his talents, his care and respect and his awkward sense of humor. He is one of those people that I am not sure I could live without. He makes me happy. He has been there for me through some weird times (no prom date), bad times and good. I consider him, not just my cousin, but my true friend.

Your Mommy and I have some things in common. We are both Mommy's to daughters, but we also both love your Daddy so much! Her smile lights up the room when she walks in. Since she had you, the light is so much brighter! She is going to be a great role model for you. She is proud and honest. She is non-judging and open. She is beautiful and kind. She is awesome!

Eva, put your heart in to everything you do, but don't let that overpower what your mind thinks you should do. Don't be afraid of love. Yes, it can hurt, but when it is right, there is nothing like it. When you doubt yourself, look in the mirror. You are a wonderful person and as long as you think that, it will show to others. Find your strength in times of weakness in God. He is the one who has blessed us with your presence and we will thank Him everyday for that. I am so very proud to be witness to your life. God Bless You!


Mirth & Much Merriment!

No comments: