Tuesday, May 1, 2007

All By Myself

I finally got to move into my new office today. This deserves cheers that I am moving up and able to experience all kinds of new crap. The kind of crap that you have to get off your desk so that they can shovel more on...you know what I mean! However, I leave behind a great bunch of Customer Service Rep's that I will miss sharing daily life with. It may seem like I am dying or something, but I am significantly down the hall, alone...hence the blog title for today!

I will miss all of them dearly. Hopefully, they will still tell me of wedding plans (JK), new bathroom tile (BZ), single life (DN), useless baseball trivia (JP) and homemade dinners for two (JD)! Each of you shares a special place in my heart.

Those of you in the "other room"...my ladies! My ladies! I hope that you will all get your daily dose of aerobics and get down here to share in my chocolate and candies! That isn't sexual, by the way! I really do have Jolly Ranchers & Chocolate on my desk.

As for my former manager, Miss M...you took a chance in a temporary Receptionist about 5 years ago and handed me a ringing phone and said "Answer It!" All these years later, I consider you such a great mentor and friend. You and I are kindred spirits of sorts, sharing stories of the old days...the 80's for us...and all the great songs that we shared, separately!

My only saving grace in leaving the CS/Sales Department is that we are still in the same building, connected by the breeze-less, breezeway! I am here...check the in/out board!

Enough Said.

Mirth & Merriment....as always!!!

1 comment:

Miss T said...

Okay - so what kind of chocolate do you have at your desk? I want to see if I would like to visit your office if I worked there. :-)

Congratulations - by the way! Change is always hard, but you are a smart woman and I know whatever job it is you just got, you will be fantastic!