Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's Going On?

First of all, I just realized that all of my blog titles for the past few weeks have all been song titles...WOW! I'm more Grey's Anatomy than I thought and I don't even watch that show!

Today is Wednesday, April 25th and it is a momentous occasion! Are you listening, Sister??? I stopped by my Mother's house this morning. Being the fantastic mom that she is, she had a lunch all packed for me, all nutritious stuff, of course. She also had an unopened packaged of Double Stuff Oreo's, too! My mom is right up there with Mother Teresa and all of the Pope's. She packed up a People Magazine for me and while I was waiting, I turned to look at the headline's of today's newspaper. The story that caught my attention was about the impeachment strategy against our Vice President, Mr. Cheney.

Let me go back for a moment. My mother was BORN a REPUBLICAN. Even though she came out of a Democrat, she was a Republican from the get go. This is the woman who believed Mr. Nixon when he said he wasn't lying. This is the woman who would not let me celebrate in her house when, in the very first election that I could vote in, my candidate won (Bill Clinton, by the way!) Enough said....did I mention that she gets a Christmas card from W and Laura each year?

Back to the story...I commented that "Hey, looks like they are trying to make some trouble for your VP, huh?" Her comment next is what today's blog is all about. My mother turned her silver-haired head towards me and uttered the following..."I have had it with Bush and Cheney!" Do I need to say it again? "I have had it with Bush and Cheney!" I think you get the picture. I could not believe my ears. Had Hell finally frozen over? Had the Dodgers won the Pennant? Had Van Halen gotten back together (with David Lee Roth)? Had Britney Spears put panties on? I felt my jaw hanging open, so I shut it...which I don't do often enough, or so I am told!

The difference between my Mother & I, besides age, is that as a young voter I know that all Politicos are liars...it is up to them to prove me wrong. So, Ma...hats off to you for understanding that the man that you voted into the oval office is not perfect and has made mistakes. KUDOS! However, I can also see that he is not evil and, come next November we will bid him a farewell, some of us fondly some of us not...and we will have a new Liar to contend with. BRING IT ON!


Mirth & Merriment....Get out and register to VOTE!