Monday, April 23, 2007

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

I started doing this whole blog-thing because my inspirational guru sister-in-law started first, so blame her! And on her blog this past Thursday, she decided to express her love for "lists" of any kind and will now, each Thursday be creating her own list. On the list, I expressed my need and want and longing for one full night's sleep. Being the mother to shrunken adults, I imagined this never a reality.

My husband's grandmother, we will call her Lois, decided to take our youngest two for the weekend. Not just a night, but 2 nights...Friday and Saturday! HUH? Is this real? Would somebody really put themselves through that on purpose? We jumped at the chance even though we had no extra cash to do anything and we did not have a sitter for the Mini-Rockstar. We packed them up, moved our car seats (dropping cheetos onto the driveway) into her prestine car (she had towels on the seats...smart lady!) and waved goodbye to our babies. Friday night was spent at home, watching all of the shows that I had recorded over the past week which were not watched earlier due to our TV sometimes only being able to view Spongebob (Desperate Housewives, The Sopranos, ER and House), eating Fiery Habanero doritos and drinking a large bottle of Mango Madness Snapple and falling asleep at Midnight. Wow...Party Animal, huh? The kicker is...I slept in until 11 am! WHAT THE???? I got up feeling refreshed and happy. WHAT THE??? I was nice to my husband! WHAT THE??? Ahh.....thank God for grandparents!

Moral of the Story...Sometimes we get what we wish for and it aint bad!

Mirth & Merriment...and hours of uninterrupted sleep to you and yours!!!

1 comment:

the rotten correspondent said...

so now I'm an inspirational guru, huh? I'm not picky, I'll take it. Now there's a list for you...name any three things better than sleep. I can't even think of one!