Thursday, March 29, 2007

Honk If You're Horny? Really?

I was picking up my beautiful stepdaughter from her upper-class middle school yesterday. As I pulled up in my car, I parked behind a large Mercedes Benz with several bumper stickers on the back end. The first one was a "W" sticker. Now, since I actually drive a car owned by my mom and I still have a similar sticker, I could not say much. The second sticker said "Proud To Be An American. I Support Our Troops!" Being the daughter of a Marine, I realize what a life in service to your Country means and I, too support our troops! I don't, however, support a war where we are sending soldier after soldier after soldier into a battle that should have been over long ago. They are paying the ultimate sacrifice for Bush's mistakes..their lives. The third bumper sticker said "Thanks Mom For Giving Me Life"- and something about Pro Life scribbled at the bottom. As a woman faced with many life-altering decisions since birth, I can tell you that I am Pro Life as well. I choose to stay alive and for those I know and love to live, too. However, my thought is that if that woman were faced with something horrific, like, gasp...an unwanted pregnancy, she would think long and hard and no bumper sticker would influence her decision. GUARANTEED! For one, she would have to get a bigger Benz, right?

OK so let me lay this out for you. I am a woman! I am the mother of 4! I am a daughter! I am a sister! (Hey, Julie...I'm a sister-in-law, too!) I am a Democrat! I am an American! I am blond, but that changes! I am Pro choice! I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy! I believe in Gremlins! I believe in the power of the Grateful Dead! I would choose Harrison Ford over Brad Pitt! I WOULD CHOOSE MY HUSBAND OVER HARRISON FORD! I believe that my brother is the smartest man I know! I believe that my brother is the geekiest man I know! I believe that my husband comes in a very close second! I do not stop at all Yard Sales! I do not believe that I should ride a Cowboy to save a Horse! I believe in me! I believe that my children are funnier than some of the things on TV! And here..."I believe that words should be used as tools of communication, not as a substitute for action!"
(For those of who you who don't have the same opinion as me, get your own blog!!!!)

I guess I am saying this to save me from having to buy any bumper stickers.

No comments: