Thursday, March 29, 2007

How Good Are The Good Girls?

Those of us who heard that we should be "good girls" and wait until marriage for sex know all too well now what it means to truly be "good girls". However, most of us...and I am talking to you...didn't last very long. Yes, I will admit that I had sex before marriage. Hard to deny with my 3 year old son in all of my wedding photos. But, enough about me. I cannot think of one single woman, or man for that matter, who married the first person they ever did the dirty with. Can you? I can also honestly say that I would NOT have married the first man that I was ever with, mostly because at 16- even though you practice writing your married name to this great love of your life, relationships at 16 fall apart. And they fall hard! Now, I find myself the mother to 3 girls (12 and the two that are 2) and my son (6 going on 30) and wonder how long they will wait. If you are listening girls...wait! WAIT! WAIT! Not until marriage, because I don't think that is a rational goal. Just wait until your old enough to be out on your own, buying the things you want for yourself and living a life where your freedom is your responsibility. Don't sneak around behind our backs. We did that to our parents and trust us, we will know! Everything you are thinking of doing, we all did before you and some of us were lucky enough to get away with it. Some of us weren't smart enough to realize that the parental units knew those were pillows under our covers! Sorry, Mom!

So here is the bottom line, according to me. Wait until you are ready. Then, when you are ready, wait at least 2 more years. Then, if you are still in the same relationship, wait 6 more months. Got it? I mean, the world is constantly spinning (want the exact speed, ask my brother!) and eventually you are going to fall on top of somebody! Just make it somebody that you love.

Ciao for now.

PS - Did I mention that at 36 and having been sexual for over half of my life (do the math, pervert!) I realize that sex is getting better! Yes, better!

3 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

Speak for yourself, girlfriend. There are a lot of us who STILL haven't done the dirty deed (whatever that may be)

Happy in the Abyss said...

LIARS! All of you....LIARS!

New 'Do said...

Dahling:
I applaud your openess; but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the wide openess of the 'net. Some will be offended, but not me. You are absolutely right on target. We are not perfect creatures, but only beings working our way toward perfection (however we perceive that state to be).