Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ahh..Lack of Sleep!

Isn't it a little slice of heaven to be 25 and stay out until the cliched "closing time" and fall into bed... world spinning? I may be 36 years old, but I can still use my elderly mind to remember those days...mornings....nights? Whatever! The thing is, there are no worries when you are a young whipper-snapper and go to bed at 3:00 a.m and have to be at your ho-hum job 4 hours later. That is what Starbucks is for!

Fast Forward to now! There is not enough triple shot, venti cafe lattes in the world to wake me up today! A wide-awake toddler at 3:00 a.m. is never a good thing! No matter what time zone you are in or all that daylight savings crap! OK? Although I did have extra time to do my hair this morning, I have now noticed that I am wearing a shirt that you can semi-see through with a black bra. Now, this was a good look when I was a Madonna-wannabe, but I'm a Mom now, people!!! I also have some sort of smudge on my black capri pants, which I can only describe as a bluish mucus...hopefully, a chewed up gummy bear! Pray with me now...chewed up gummy! Chewed up gummy!

So, youngsters...take a lesson from the blue eyed old lady here! Sleep while you can! For the time will come when you, too will have dark circles under your eyes and your Jimmy Choo shoes will just look painful!

Ciao for Now!

3 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

what I want is a continuous caffeine IV that actually tastes like coffee. hey, sleeping is overrated, right? RIGHT?

Monkey In the Middle said...

okay, what about a solution of ringers lactate with a massive caffine additive???? Too bad I'm a little needle phobic.

My nursing instructor says we can sleep after we take our state boards. 12 weeks to go...

New 'Do said...

Horizontal Sleep is an over-rated luxury that no true Mom can ever be so indulgent as to even consider, Happy. Vertical Sleep is the only viable option. Preferably with the eyes open, mind closed, and no one the wiser (especially the other drivers). "Monkey" might have a too-tech solution (ringers, get it) and "Julie" is obviously older and has a more mature take on the situation - atta girl!