Thursday, March 13, 2008

Maggie May

I was told twice yesterday and then once today that I have new blog readers. Welcome to it! It is never what you want to hear but always what you never expect! Got it?

It has been a year since I started this silly thing and I gotta tell ya...I'm not sure I have been happier than when sitting with Doritos and soda and writing down something useless for strangers to read. It seems like just yesterday I was disgruntled at someone who had decided to delete me from her email address book simply because I said that I don't think abortion is murder. Ahh..the good days. However, I did realize, when I finally thought about these new readers that I have that I am not sure that I would ever really tell you all the whole truth about what it is like to be me. Yes, I am an open up and say ahh kind of gal, but I would never be able to tell you, my audience, all the things that I have done, been through, had done to me, etc.. and for that matter, not so sure that you would all want to hear it.

So, it is Thursday and instead of my Daily Dose, I am going to do my version of the Moment of Truth that was on last night. Here are 3 questions that I will answer honestly, even if it hurts like hell.

1. Do you think that your biological father cares more for your sister than he does you? Hell yes! I make no bones about the fact that my father and I are on opposite ends of the love-spectrum, even though we live fairly close...well, a few States apart. I always have felt that, since I was supposed to have been born a male, that he preferred my sister over me, not just because she was a girl, but because she always seemed perfect. Seemed is the proper word there. After all these years, and the time that has passed, I do not hate him for it either. He is who he is and he cannot change who I am.

2. Do you think that you will be married to your husband in 10 years? With the current state of affairs in Kansas, I would have to say NO. I don't think so. I think if we last another 2 years, it will be a miracle and I will dance naked in the streets! You can hold me to that one if you like. I do not think that forever exists. I think that "forever" (and yes, I am doing the quote marks in the air) isn't reality. Reality is that spouses cheat, spouses lie, we fall in and out of love with each other and feelings change. Yea, it hurts like hell, but it would hurt more if you lied and kept up the facade that you were June freaking Cleaver. Would I like to be married to him 10 years from now? If his attitude and addictions change...yes, I would.

3. Is there a secret that you have that could ruin the lives of people you love? Yup. Sure is. Hey, Julie are you listening? This outta cheer you up! I have a secret about a sibling that their spouse does not know...at least I have been told in the past that they don't know. I would hope that they fessed up long ago, but I am seriously doubting their ability to do so. I once had a conversation with the spouse who is in the dark currently and since then, have bitten my tongue even when I get so pissed off that I want to scream out loud at my sibling. But, I still choose my words carefully when they are here, which THANK GOD is not often, because I am really not one to keep quiet. Imagine? I know, shocker!

So there it is. Sort of my Anniversary post. I'm done. More tomorrow...if I make it through the day.

Mirth & Merriment....

2 comments:

Rudee said...

1. Truth is often overrated....

2. I too have a sibling that could do no wrong in my parents' eyes. I never spilled her secrets and I never held it against her (well not much anyway).

3. I hope you erased the email from your address book of the woman who erased yours because of your beliefs. Here in MI, we had a woman go dumpster diving at abortion clinics and took what she could find home with her. Is that insane, or is that just me being insensitive to her beliefs? I couldn't make myself go through a dumpster for love nor money.

4. I confess to lurking---I am now outed.

Just my thoughts.
Rudee

Happy in the Abyss said...

Rudee-
Great to hear from you.

As for whether I think that woman is crazy or not, it isn't my place to judge. I work with a woman who pickets outside the clinic closest to my home and trying to explain to my small children what those pictures are that they are parading around is something I would honestly rather never deal with. I respect them for believing in something so strong that they would go to great lengths, but it would never be me in the dumpster.