Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm Alive!

I am in a great mood. I am not sure why because as I ponder the weekend without money and less food in the house than a supermodel can even eat, I should be miserable. But, for some reason Casual Friday always lightens my spirits. I was told once that dressing up can make you feel more successful and able to take pride in yourself and your work. However, converse and jeans are what works for me. Being able to wear a concert t-shirt to work is HEAVEN! So, because I am in a great mood, I couldn’t think of one Daily Dose to give you…I thought of 3. I can’t decide, so I am going to make this “readers choice”. You pick your top 3 of one of the following subjects and let me have it.

Most Misunderstood Song Lyric
My Top Prize goes to “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” by AC/DC. As a child, I remember rocking out to this song and thinking that the title was “Dirty Deeds Dungeon Chief”. Yes, I do realize that it doesn’t make any sense, but I was 10, ok? Deal with it.

Favorite Line From A Movie
There are so many eighties Molly Ringwald movies that I could throw at you, but that has been done. I am, of course a grown up now, with real life movies that I prefer. However, just so you know if “16 Candles” is on, I watch it…every time! From the film “Little Children” starring Kate Winslet and the hot, hot, hot Patrick Wilson, Kate’s character is talking about the book “Madame Bovary”:

“No, no, it's not the cheating. It's the hunger.
The hunger for an alternative, and the refusal to accept a life of unhappiness.”

Favorite Breakfast Food
I love breakfast and as long as there is something in the house that I can eat or GOD WILLING, we go out to breakfast, I am a happy fat-girl! Let me tell you that I haven’t gone out to breakfast in over a year. There are categories that breakfast is broken down into: Fast Food, Homemade and Going Out. Here are some of my choices:

Fast Food- The blueberry French toast sticks at Jack in the Box are my thing. I don’t even use syrup. It’s delicious. I also like any breakfast sandwich from Jack.

Homemade- I make some killer Blueberry Pancakes. The kids love them and I can eat 4 or 5 of them myself.

Going Out- Any combo of eggs, potatoes, meat, salsa, cheese…onions! You get me? Scrambler or whatever you want to call it…just remember to call me for breakfast!

Mirth & Merriment. God! Now, I’m hungry!

No comments: