Thursday, August 30, 2007

Patience

Your Daily Dose today is not going to happen. I am not having a great day and I am afraid that all of you will hate me for what I post and then ask you to respond to. But now that I am pissy, perhaps this is a good time to talk to all the ladies out there about urban legends and your tits.


Without knowing too much at this point, I had my 3rd mammogram today, along with an ultrasound. Here is the myth we need to discuss.


A Mammogram is Painful.

OK...my boobs are huge! To squish them into pita bread size is not comfortable but it is no worse than stubbing your toe. Trust me, I am the stub-Queen! In my book, cancer is probably more painful than a machine that squashes your knockers. Let's face it...it's not death. It's not being shot or stabbed. It's for your breast health and it MUST BE DONE! Ladies, listen to me one more time....IT MUST BE DONE! It is a must...not a "well, I will have to schedule one"....schedule it today! Do not wait. Early detection is your best defense and that, mixed with your yearly mammograms and self exams....kicks cancers ass! That is what we need to do, isn't it? Beat this crap before it takes more powerful women away from us. This is not a club I wish to join....and I don't' want any of you joining it either. Grab the phone, dial the # and tell the person on the other line that you will not take this sitting down. You will not be a victim to a disease that has taken over 60,000 phenomenal women away from this world just this year.



Stand up and do what you know is right. IT MUST BE DONE!!!



OK. I have now come down from the Soapbox and am still breathing heavily, but as I watch my chest raise up and fall down with my breath, I am thankful to be strong. I am thankful for everything in my life. I am thankful that I have my 4 healthy children and that I can be a great example for my 3 daughters and son. I am thankful that I have known great love in my life and that even through heartache, I have no regrets over who I have given my heart to, no matter what condition it was in after the love stopped. I do not like regrets. I like to think of myself as a strong, inspirational woman who says what she feels. If I have hurt your feelings, I am sorry for that, but what I said was most likely truthful and the truth hurts. Speaking the truth scares people, for I am not sure that most can handle it....am I channeling Jack Nicholson? I am thankful that I have been inspired by my ancestors and friends and companions and that if I have inspired just one person, my job was done...and done well.


I have done what the embroidered pillow says and I have made the difference in the lives of children, and not just my own. To my 9 nieces and nephews, I hope that each of you knows how special you are that I know that you will all grow to become such amazing individuals...and I can't wait. Who knows what you will do with your talents....who knows!


So, there you have it. I am done for today. Be well...live long, make the call and cherish every minute!

For a break in the subject matter, your 6 degree task for today is

JACK BLACK to JOBETH WILLIAMS.


For those who aren't quite getting the concept of this, you are not allowed to look it up on the Internet. That is cheating! CHEATER! Use your mind, I know you have one, because you have soaked this blog up like a sponge.


Mirth & Merriment.....

3 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

hell, I still haven't gotten Chloris Leachman to Brad Pitt. And I USED the internet.
Allright, let's see what I can come up with. And I already have a mammogram set up for next week.Okay?

Anonymous said...

ok, her goes. I think I took the long road, but I got it anyway.

JBW was in Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore. DB was in Charlie's Angels with Cameron Diaz CD was in Shrek with Eddie Murphy. EM was in Daddy DAy care with Steve Zahn. and SZ was in Saving Silverman with Jack Black. Tah DAh!! Did I make it?

PS mamo done in March 4 years early all normal. Be well my friend! Missy

Anonymous said...

Tom Cruise to Kevin Bacon

Tom Cruise was in the movie "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon.

Woo hoo!