Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Help!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you readers out there who have asked me when I am going to post again. I appreciate the fact that you all take time out of your busy lives, to read what I write down…even as insignificant as it might be. Thanks!

Things have been swirling around so quickly that I am not sure that I can even remember it all to write it down here.

Today, I registered my son for Second Grade. I cannot believe that it was almost 7 years ago that God blessed me with the son, moon and stars. He will be attending the Elementary school that I went to for 5th & 6th grade, which is cool. Although, I must say that I did get the chills walking in to the Principals office this morning. Good memories…well, let’s just say…I made great friends, some of whom I still talk to…and I got my butt beat there, too! It was legal to “paddle” then.

I have moved with my stuff back into my Mom’s house. My husband is staying at his grandmother’s house and during the week he has the kids. It is breaking my heart a little more each day to not see them 4 days in a row. They talk to me on the phone like I am some long lost relative. I hurt every moment because on my desk at work are constant reminders of their shining smiles. My beautiful kids, if only they knew how much they are needed. That is the thing with kids. You think that they are helpless little wonders of the world who you have to teach to do everything, but in reality, they are the one’s teaching us.

Being separated from them is very hard, but add to that being without my husband. We are going through the hardest times of our lives and I pray each night that we can find our way back to the love that we once shared for each other. Don’t get me wrong…I know that couple’s fight over stupid things; money, kids, alone time, bills, MONEY…but I am just getting so tired of fighting to stay together. I feel like I am alone in the fight most of the time. He is a great dad, he truly is. He loves his children more than he loves himself…which is saying a lot. He just has to work on how to be a great husband. We are going to try counseling, if he will agree, and try and get this love back on track.

I am also missing the CRAP out of my stepdaughter. She will be starting 8th grade next week….HIGH SCHOOL IS NEXT YEAR! I hate that I can’t see her. I miss her telling me secrets about boys…stuff she doesn’t want to tell her Mom or Dad. I love being the one who gets to keep all those goodies locked away for her. She is now a Cheerleader. I know, don’t get me started. I got to teach her to do a cartwheel. How about that? Yes. YES…I can still do a cartwheel. I mean, I have to strap my boobs down, but I can do it. No black eyes here!

I am also helping as the Wedding Coordinator for my great friend, Jackie. I am currently working on the Save The Date cards and next comes everything else. It is a great way to keep my mind focused on true love. What a wonderful thing to look into the eyes of people who are truly in love…Jackie, Jonathan….and yes, Josh. I love to see that. I would love to see more of it.

So, there you have it. That is basically what I have been up to lately. Gee….sorry you asked, huh? My thanks to all of you for sticking around. Keep it up….I promise to be here more often…like it or not.

Mirth & Merriment….

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

I've looked for you every day, so I'm happy you're back. It's also good to know what's going on there.

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you've hit a rough patch, it happens to the best of us:) Keep your head up, God will never give you a load heavier than you can carry. Believe it and take it to the bank.