Thursday, July 5, 2007

Straight From The Heart

I trust that since you are reading this, you had a safe 4th of July. We had a blast, as always, at our family reunion-Nation's Birthday bash!

It is time for my Daily Dose for the week and due to the recent celebration, here goes...YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAYS.

#1-Halloween. Ever since I was a kid, I have loved dressing up, pretending to be someone you're not, getting candy? Please! It doesn't get better than that. Except when you become the parent to children who get that excited, can't sit still, gotta pee expression on their faces right before you head out to trick-or-treat. I still go through their candy when they sleep and take what I want, making sure to leave them plenty of the stuff that grosses me out but they eat anyway.

#2- Easter. I am big on traditions and I love to watch the kids search for eggs. As a child, I couldn't wait to put on my new dress and new shoes and get grass-stained looking through wet grass for eggs that then bled their pretty Spring colors all over your hands. MMMM...

#3- New Years. I like the idea of a new year...starting over. Out with the old, in with the new. I like toasting to new beginnings using my Great-Grandmother's crystal. I like to hear what my children wish for the upcoming 365 days.

Honorable Mention - Yes, Christmas.

Mirth & Merriment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Christmas the best out of all the holidays, but I like Valentines Day as well.

I don't like Halloween too much because I really and still dont like candy. I'll eat Dots and Gummy Bears. But I only went trick or treating because my mom wanted the candy!

the rotten correspondent said...

#1 New Years. Not to party, just love the fresh start.

#2. Thanksgiving. I'm sure it's about the food, but this may be my favorite holiday.

#3. Halloween. I love how excited the kids get.

Tag! You're it! Check my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

1-Christmas--we've really cut back on all the presents and getting back to the basics. Kids love the decorations.

2-Halloween--Love planning out the costumes and watching the kids.

3-Valentines--all about love-have always loved this day!!