Friday, July 6, 2007

I Can't Smile Without You

Now, for those of you who knew me when my son was just a baby, you know that I could not bare to be without him for too long. I was constantly unhappy and wondering if he was as devastated as I was with being apart. However, he never was. He was always a happy baby and when we finally saw each other after a long day or a weekend away, I would cry and hold him, praying that he would whisper in my ear something dear like "I couldn't smile without you!" That never happened. In fact, when he was in Preschool, most days he wouldn't even notice when I was there to pick him up.

Well, things have changed. Having 2 little one's around makes you long for days of silence. With that being said, my husband's grandmother will be picking up our little Angel's for a sleepover. I am overjoyed! Having a night without someone spitting on me, pooping on the couch, watching me pee, yelling in my face...that sounds great. Although, I do miss them terribly when they are gone, especially late at night when I wish I was getting good night kisses and hugs. But, I also use this time to be with my son, who unfortunately since his sisters were born does not get alone time with me.

I hope that you all have a great weekend! Have a great birthday night out, Josh.

Mirth & Merriment....

No comments: