Monday, July 2, 2007

Is there Anybody Out There?

For the last 4 or 5 posts now, I have received no comments at all. What is wrong with you people? I write to piss off. I write to make you think. I write when I am bored, basically. But, nothing? You have nothing to say? HMMMPH! That is what I have to say.

I enjoyed watching a movie with my son last night. The Bridge To Terabitha is a great film, albeit a little "My Girl" sad. I like to watch his face when he is watching a movie that has some kind of fantasy aspect...he loves Harry Potter! His eyes widen, his pulse races and I love it. He is such a kid at heart. He loves to say things like "this sucks" or his new one "un-freaken-believable" (side note: I do not appreciate the art this is this type of conversation from someone I spent 18 hours of my life in pain for!) which make him feel older than his 6 years, 9 months. Well, he is still a kid. TA DA! Hate to ruin everything for him.

We also went to the park and because I constantly have to scream his name out, two...three...four-hundred times, there were some little girls that, when we left, called out his name! What? Hold on here, sisters! What do you think you are doing? Are you...are you...you're flirting with my son! Who are you? Who are your parents? Do they know you do this sort of thing? But, then I take a deep breath and realize that he is pretty darn cute and I should be happy that girls find him as adorable as I do. OK, so I took my pills and feel better about it.

I also got to talk to my step-sister last night for over an hour...which was awesome. She and I used to be great buddies and then, of course, I fucked it up! I did things that were immature and disrespectful and I am forever sorry. But, letting bygones be what they are, we are great pen-pals...which is sort of how our relationship started in the first place...all those 30+ years ago. I am hoping to get to see her soon, hug her, tell her that I love her very much and that I hope that she knows that I didn't ever mean to hurt her or her mom...I was just so lost when I was younger. Not that I am so "found" now...but, I digress...I love you, Kim!

So...how was your weekend? Talk to me, dammit. I don't type for nothin'!

Mirth & Merriment to you...but only if you comment on my blogs! J/K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh my weekend was ok I guess. I was the only here due to Melody on a trip in the East, and her grandfather in desert visiting family.

I hung out with Melody's brother on Saturday night. Drank a couple of beers, and just shoot the shit.

I sent Melody some different color roses to her hotel room. She was very thankful for them.

Sunday I went to see Sicko with Melody's sisters bf and her grandfather. He was told to hang out to me.

That was my weekend of fun, and next Friday and weekend will be much better!

New 'Do said...

Of course we read you every day (well, sometime during the week for sure)and (mostly) enjoy your daily dose. Seriously, you are keeping this electronic journal basically for yourself, are you not? Feedback from others should not be your concern. Know that we read and understand (or try to - still can't get over green chili in your chilquias) and love you for your insight (if not your food sense).

the rotten correspondent said...

I have responded, dear. Maybe not my three gal singers, but other posts recently. And now I am again!