Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lady Marmalade

I have always had a great love for great music. Even so-so music has a place in my heart...but it is the great music that keeps me listening to the radio, cd's, 8tracks...whatever! So, today my Daily Dose will be YOUR TOP 3 FEMALE ARTISTS! This was also triggered by a movie I watched with my daughters and son last night...

#1- Carly Simon. Not much else needs to be said except that last night, I was fortunate enough to find an hour or so of quiet, Mom & Kiddo's time and watched "The Piglet Movie". Now, you might not find this interesting, but Carly Simon did all of the songs. To hear her sing to the crazy antics of the 100 Acre Wood residents is just awesome. Not to mention the fact that she has been putting out the musical landscape of my life. From "Your So Vain" to "I Haven't Got Time For The Pain" to "Mockingbird" to "Let The River Flow" (from Working Girl) there is probably not a single song of hers that I turn the station on.

#2- Sarah McLachlan. I was turned on to her during a very difficult time in my life. To quote another song...."torn between two lovers....feeling like a fool!". Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is possibly the best cd from beginning to end that I have ever heard. I have 3 copies of it...one for home, one for the car, one for work. She is everywhere. Seeing her at Lilith Fair all those years ago was just the cherry on top of the cake.

#3- Billie Holliday. I used her cd during my first pregnancy...to calm and relax. What a talent! What a waste! Wish that there were more of her around nowadays. You can have your Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald...I will take the enchanting Ms. Holliday any day.

Honorable Mentions, as always....Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders, Karen Carpenter, Faith Hill, Rosemary Clooney, Judy Garland (Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas makes me cry every time!), Carole King and Martha Davis from The Motels...

Tag...you're it.

Mirth & Merriment...and great music!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIONA APPLE
BARBRA STREISAND
CELINE DION