Thursday, June 14, 2007

Please, Mr...Please

Yes, I know it's Thursday. Time for my Daily Dose for the week. I have been so ultra-busy this week that there is no time to even sit and write this all down..but, just for you....I found the time.

I have been having stress issues related to work, home, money, marriage, kids, did I already say MONEY? So, I have decided not to spice it up today.

DAILY DOSE OF TOP 3 THINGS I LIKE FOR BREAKFAST!

1. Cream of Wheat. Are you listening, Ma? You made me this way...addicted to the stuff...especially when you make it with milk, or (gasp) Half & Half. Creamy, warm goodness...perfect to take the chill out a morning.

2. Pancakes. I had the great opportunity to share a breakfast out with my fantastic son. We are so desperate for Mom & Matt time it is sick! So, there I sat enjoying my pancakes with my favorite boy. It is a memory I think of during times of complete stress...which is right about.. NOW!

3. Green Chile Chilaquilles. Now, my mom used to make me chillquilles with red chile and ground beef in them. However, I have discovered being that I am now a "Torres" and need to Mexican-up that the other variety, the one I devour, is quite possibly one of the greatest things ever. Cut up some corn tortillas and fry them. Pour in the green chile enchilada sauce, or your fav green chile salsa...mix it all up. Put the lid on the pot for about 10 minutes to let everything blend together and then sprinkle a healthy serving of Monterrey Jack over the top. YUM!

Honorable Mention: Leftover pizza, Captain Crunch, scrambled eggs (yes, with ketchup), leftover pasta and coconut creme pie. Hey, I told you I was stressed.

Mirth & Merriment....to you all!

4 comments:

New 'Do said...

Only three choices for b'fast? Impossible, it's my favorite meal of the day - therefore, IT'S ALL GOOD ! Absolute favs:

1. What my Dad called an "Australian Breakfast" - steak and eggs and lotsa coffee.

2. "Hangtown Fry" - oysters, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, green onions, like they say in Hawaii, "all together put 'em", and turn 'em when you think you should...

3. Gasp! Buttered toast with marmalade and milk.

Green chile sauce, indeed! You iconoclast!!

Anonymous said...

Not a huge breakfast eater except when we're on vacation or out of town!!
1 French toast with lots of powered sugar!
2 The All Star breakfast at Waffle House with everything-waffles, fried eggs, hash browns with onions, toast and a Dr Pepper!!
3 At home,Brown Suger and Maple Malt-O-Meal.

the rotten correspondent said...

also not a big breakfast eater, but I love these things...
1. grits. with butter and salt. yum.
2. everything bagel and tons of cream cheese.
3. breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese, salsa and sour cream. onions and cilantro definitely wouldn't hurt!

the rotten correspondent said...

check out my blog tomorrow. tag! you're it!