Friday, June 8, 2007

Picadilly Palare

Ok. So the title of the blog basically has nothing to do with anything except that it is one of my favorite songs by Morrissey. I have been super-duper, like busy this week (could you hear my Valley Girl voice?) I have not had much time to do anything, let alone blog. So, I will make up for lost time...
Sunday we baptized my beautiful Goddaughter Eva. She let out a little cry with that when we got to the whole water on the head moment, but she was just lovely. JOY! It is quite a responsibility to be a spiritual advisor to someone who has yet to take her first steps or speak her first word. I look forward to meeting the challenge and helping her to become a strong, proud woman.
This past week, I have been covered in grease and poop! It has not been too exciting.
SO...a day late and a few dollars short...here is my Daily Dose Topic!
Top Three Things That I Need To Do Before I Die! I often think about when I was younger and I made a list about things that I wanted to do before I died. Well, the want has now turned to need. I will do these things...even if it kills me doing them. At least they would be done, yes???
1. Visit my birthplace. I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and need to go back there. See the pink hospital on the hill where I took my first breath. Go to Pearl City and walk down the street where I first lived. To take my children to such a beautiful land and to take a step back in time to where my life began. Where things were simple for me. When I was worshiped and adored by my Mom and Dad and my big brother and sister did everything for me. I do not remember those times, but I want to be able to walk and tell the stories that I have been told to my own children.
2. Pay off all my debt. Now, this one is a lot harder than a plane ticket to an Island paradise! I owe everyone. I am not sure that I can ever truly repay everyone, but I will do it. It make take me 50 more years...but, it will be done. And you know who you are!!! For all that you have done for me, I can never truly thank any of you enough.
3. On the theme of places to visit...I would also like to take my children to Washington D.C. To see Arlington National Cemetery and the eternal flame that glows there for John Kennedy. To see the Washington Monument at night. To tell them about Martin Luther King, Jr. and walk where he walked while reciting "I Have A Dream". To let them see Abraham Lincoln glaring down on them, wondering what has become of the world. Is it truly better now?
Honorable Mentions include: having a conversation with Maya Angelou, Paying $500 for a haircut, going to Althorp and laying down white roses for Princess Diana, walking on the General Hospital set, solving a mystery and singing the National Anthem before a 49er football game.
Is it all too much to ask?

Mirth & Merriment to you all!

3 comments:

New 'Do said...

Three things to do before I die?
1. Live each day.
2. Love each day.
3. Laugh a whole lot each day.

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout.

Well I have some stuff I would like to do before I pass on, and here they are.

1. Meet my father.(Did this for the first time last year in KY)

2. Sky Diving

3. Ride on Rose Parade float.

Miss T said...

Okay - let's see...

1. Travel to every state in the US with a Nikon camera and take amazing pictures of our incredible country.
2. Have a baby.
3. And yes, I have to have one frivolous one - wear a bikini - AND look like I belong in it! :-)