Monday, May 7, 2007

Video Killed the Radio Star

I am all for technology. Heck, I love my camera phone. I love texting and emailing and surfing the Information Superhighway!!! I love that I can get 1,000 channels on my tv and that when I have to pee, I can pause my show and not miss a thing! However, the same new crap that I can't live without is the same crap I am abusing. Technology is a privilege...use it wisely!
I have a DVR, which means I can record shows that come on, no tape necessary. It is great because I love a few shows that I can never miss an episode of, but sometimes cannot keep the lids open to watch them when they start at 10 p.m....ok, 9:00! But, anyway, there are 7 shows that I record; CSI, Law & Order: SVU, House, ER, Desperate Housewives and The Sopranos. I love these shows. I feel so great when I solve the case first or I feel the frustration of no-alone time with my husband. They are my family and I love spending time with them. Such drama! However, I must admit that I have been careless with my loved one's. Here is my admission of guilt.
For the past few weeks, I have let my episodes stack up! I know, it's bad. Last night, I watched the Desperate Housewives episode from 2 weeks ago and now there is a new one in there. I haven't watched The Soprano's for the past 3 weeks! Tony Soprano is not someone you need to leave hanging, ya know what I'm saying? I was so proud to be able to set up my DVR and record old movies that I can watch whenever I can snag the remote away from some little person that I gave birth to. It is not easy, trust me. Throw a husband who likes to watch anything of non-interest on The Discovery Channel and I am in Hell. Literally.
So, I feel I must apologize to the vixens on Wisteria Lane, to Tony and Carmela and the gang (I see nothing!), to Grissom and Benson....and my ER crew. I am sorry for neglecting you. House, I won't apologize because you won't care, anyway! Since I always complain when there are no new episodes, I am a hypocrite. I am deeply dismayed by my lack of participation in our relationship. I promise to watch all of you this week and not keep more than one of you in a group at the same time. I PROMISE!
Mirth & Merriment...and no re-runs!!!

No comments: