Wednesday, April 4, 2007

CABIN FEVER...can it be?

OK, people. Let me now introduce you to my beautiful family...

My husband, who I will call the King of Comics is quite a catch. He is an inch shorter than me and lately we have both been noticing that either I am growing (highly doubtful) or he is shrinking (bingo!). He is called the King of Comics because we have not 1, not 2, not even 5, but 12 large Rubbermaid containers in our garage full of his comic books. Thank God we had a son to pass those along to. They are everywhere! Bathroom? Check. Living Room? Check. Nursery? Check! He has brought me much joy and much sadness but he also brought me the rest of the family. None of them would be in my life without him, so to his sperm, who will no more fertilize any eggs o' mine...thanks, guys! Great swimming!

My beautiful stepdaughter we will call The Diva! She is 12 going on 22 and I can't stop it. I've tried not feeding her, but she continues to grow. She is not completely out of control and is an excellent student, so I have no complaints. My one complaint is that we don't get much time with her. My joy, where she is concerned, is going to Starbucks for a Vanilla Creme and getting our nails and toes done. That is a great feeling. The King once told me "Hey, you aren't her mother!" Well, that is true. Her mother is doing a great job. I am just here to add to the entertainment. Did I mention that her nickname for me is "Wicked"? Like the wicked stepmother. Cool, huh?

My firstborn, son and moon and stars is our Rock Star. He is 6. He is in the first grade. He is reading 4th grade books! He amazes me everyday. He is too smart for his age, making him a smart ass. Having begged for a baby brother to play with, to share all those superhero toys and getting 2 more sisters...he is handling it well. There are the tantrums, which make me laugh mostly because they are exactly like the one's I threw. Hi, Mom!

The last two are individuals, despite being born just 1 minute apart. Our Queen Bean is our big girl! She is 6 pounds heavier, 1 inch taller and moodier than I ever was, even without medication. She is absolutely beautiful and I sometimes catch myself watching her while she does absolutely nothing. She is in control and is the Mommy whenever I am not around...even when I am around she is pointing fingers and telling people what to do. Our runt, Our Piglet is our little ballerina. She is petite and lovely. She is also the talker. She grabbed a GI Joe semi-automatic something today and said "OK, Mama...put your hands up!" She is following in the footsteps of her brother (God help us) and loves to learn everything she can. Our girls are growing like weeds and I am full of joy!

I am also full of crap! There are times when I yell at everyone! When I am unhappy about financials or incidentals. When I cry for no reason. When I know my life is not nearly as horrible as it could be, but I still feel sorry for myself. But, if someone had told me 10 years ago that I would be married with 4 children and no uterus I would have said No way. But, bring it on, Lord! Whatever you can dish out, I can handle. After all, I practiced on 9 nieces and nephews before conceiving of conceiving my own.

Well, it was nice to get away from the zoo, but it is time for me to get back in the ring. Ding!

No comments: