Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ball and Chain

From the title, I can assume that you think that I will start ranting and ravings about my Mr. but I am sorry to disappoint. It is simply the song that is playing. And I love it!!!!


Today is the girls' graduation, of sorts, from daycare to Pre-K. When I heard that they were going to be in the graduation ceremony, I was shocked. They started pre-school just a few short months ago and my, how they have grown!

Aliza is a talker. Wonder where she gets it from...let me introduce myself again. She sings everything. Her favorite songs are "You Are My Sunshine" and "Irreplaceable". Yes, Beyonce. It's funny to hear her sing the lyrics as she is the tiniest little princess ever. TINY. We had to get her new shoes for her big day today and while we knew Athena was a size 9-91/2, Aliza fit just right into a size 7. Wow. She is petite and kind and always says "Bless You" when someone sneezes. She always asks me how my day was and then tells me, without a second thought...no matter what my response..."that's good". She loves to play with her big brother and all his Super Hero toys, something I can't even enjoy. She is goofy and funny and her laugh is the best part of my day.

Athena is, well, without sounding mean, a big girl. She looks like she is a Kindergartner already. No way I can sneak her in to Disneyland as under 3...no way. Damn! She is definitely a Daddy's girl. When I say "I love you, Bean" her response is typically "I love my daddy and my mommy" or just that she loves Daddy. Wow. I guess it is starting already. She loves to dance and is obsessed with playing dress up. She must wear high heels and panties around the house and shake her booty...it is sort of her calling. As long as there is no pole around, I'm good. She is fearless and is always jumping off of things (bed, couch, desk...you name it) and likewise always getting hurt. But, still she is fun to watch.

So, today I will watch as they take another first step...in a life that will be full of them. I promise not to cry..................much.

Mirth & Merriment....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me want to have kids.

Anonymous said...

you make me want to have kids.

Anonymous said...

you make me want to have kids.