Thursday, February 28, 2008

You Don't Own Me....

I know that I haven’t written in this Blog for awhile and my keyboard had gotten dusty, but here I am. I am back and I have some things to say.

I have been watching and am convinced that I am now addicted to a new Fox game show called “The Moment Of The Truth”. If you have had your head in the dryer or something and don’t know about this show, here is a leigh-synopsis. You get hooked up to a lie detector, asked about 100 questions and they don’t tell you how you answered them. Then you go before the audience and they ask you questions, but you don’t know which one’s they will choose. As you answer them truthfully, you win money. Got it? Ok.

So, my husband and I have had such great debate over how we would do on this game show. I would like to think that $500,000 could make me buy off anyone who I would piss off with my truthful answers, but it really got me thinking. What questions couldn’t you answer truthfully? Here are some of the questions they have asked.

If you were guaranteed that you would not get caught, would you cheat on your spouse?

Do you really care about the starving children in Africa?

Have you ever taken a nude picture of yourself?

Do you believe that you should be married to someone else?

Since getting married, have you had sexual relations with someone other than your spouse?

If your sister were unable to have children, would you carry a child for her?

Do you think you are a good person?

Have you ever been paid for sex?

Get the picture? It might be hard for some people, but I have decided to be as truthful as possible. And so here are my answers:

If you were guaranteed that you would not get caught, would you cheat on your spouse?
No. I don’t think it is worth it.

Do you really care about the starving children in Africa?
No. I care that sometimes I can’t keep food on my own table.


Have you ever taken a nude picture of yourself?
Yes. Sorry, Mom. I was young and stupid….as compared to now….I’m just older.

Do you believe that you should be married to someone else?
Yes. Sometimes I doubt whether I chose my soul mate. I have been in love before and this feels different. I am not sure whether that would hurt my husband to hear or not, but it is the truth.

Since getting married, have you had sexual relations with someone other than your spouse?
No. I know that he wants to know that one!!!!


If your sister were unable to have children, would you carry a child for her?
Depends on the sister…just kidding. If I still had that pesky old uterus, absolutely.


Do you think you are a good person?
No. I think that I can be rude and greedy and a liar. I will do my best to always try and be a good person, not just to show my children, but to remind myself that life is a miracle and I must treat my own life with respect.

Have you ever been paid for sex?
Does dinner count? Just kidding. No.


See. It wasn’t that hard.

Mirth & Merriment…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just try to repeat that magic trick in front of someone else. Not as easy as blogging it.

I won't do it because I would be forced to face what I'm hiding from, what I am terrified and afraid of.

Brave, no. If you are in need of some honesty, check out this web page: http://www.frontsteps.com/movies/noodles_on_my_back/