Monday, April 9, 2007

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work after my surgery. Well, wouldn't you know that it was probably one of the roughest nights since that surgery and I got about 2 hours sleep and finally called in to work at 6 am and said that I didn't think it was gonna happen today. I am confident that I will be able to get my lazy ass to work tomorrow, praying that my babies get to sleep early...I mean, they haven't napped all day, they have to be tired....right?

Easter was great. It is interesting how I remember the "older kids" hid the eggs so hidden that there were years that we left some un-found! Now, I am the older kid...stop laughing, Paula, and I was the one finding myself wickedly laughing as I dropped two or three into a bush even after my father said "hey, those have thorns!" Well that is what's fun, right? Danger! Mystery! I mean, I probably hunted for eggs coming dangerously close to emergency room visits on several occasions. When you are a kid and there is candy involved....WHO CARES! Besides, did I mention that all the "little kids" found the eggs and there was not one complaint.

Easter was also wonderful because I got to see a brand new edition to our family. The Easter Frog, is what I will call her because she still has that scrunchy-leg thing happening. She is now 5 weeks old and just lovely. Of course, she isn't old enough to throw a tantrum after too much candy, but her time will come. My cousin looks amazing when he holds his new daughter. I know that he won't mind me saying, but a few years back I thought that we had lost him to the drugs of his choice for good. It was very sad for me to see my "twin" throwing it all away...his life, his dreams, his talents on something that was literally killing him before our eyes. Now, as I see him, a Professional....married and now a father, my heart was filled with joy. I cannot wait until our Easter Froggie grows up and can hear great tales of her father as a child. I only hope that she understands and knows that she is the true light of his life and that God truly saved him from ruin, just for her! Oh, and his wife, of course!

So, the babies are jumping on me...which doesn't feel so good and there is a pile of clean laundry on the bed, as opposed to the pile of dirty laundry in the hall and they both must be tended to, so I must go.

I hope that your life today was full of mirth and merriment.....Keep on Living!

No comments: