Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait...and Cry!

Yesterday was my first day back to work and it was a little rough. I felt exhausted by the end of the day. No real pain, mind you, just lots of running around after sitting for so long. I was frustrated that I was not able to do more...I am a do-er!

Early in the day, I found that one of our co-workers is leaving her position on Friday. Apparently she gave notice while I was out re cooperating, but it wasn't made public. She is our Site Coordinator. She basically does all of the driver safety training, handles the maintenance department, keeps up with AQMD testing and all safety regulations. She has a pretty big responsibility here and she will be missed! So when I heard that she was leaving I thought to myself "Self" (that is what I call myself!) "Why couldn't you do that job!" I sent an email to the Project Manager, who is her direct Manager and asked if I could throw my hat in the ring. 5 minutes later, I was offered the posit on and start training today! WOW! I feel so excited to be doing something different.

Customer Service is my home, has been for almost 5 years now. I feel safe here, but safe isn't so good when there are so many different aspects to our Business. I am sad to be leaving my CS and Sales family. This is to you guys (and girls) directly...you are my heart and soul here at the office. You make me feel like a part of your families and I am honored to work with each of you. The fact that I will no longer be in your department makes me sad (no tears yet!) but I will be just a stroll down the hall. You can find me in the last office on the right, sitting in front of the big window!

I look forward to my new experiences and all the new crap that my brain will have to sustain. Maybe learning something new will push out all of the useless crap in my head (see earlier blog). Ahh...to not remember the entire script to the Ronco Mr. Microphone commercial (Hey Good Lookin', I'll be back to pick you up later!)

Mirth & Merriment Always!

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

WAY TO GO!!!! That is Fabulous news!! You deserve it!!
your favorite sister in law

New 'Do said...

Congratulations, younger daughter!
Behind every successful woman is her mother....